Management Changes 2009
The following rotational changes in the management of our Society took place in 2009:
- James W. Long, Surgical Director at the INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City, follows Yoshiyuki Taenaka as President of the Society, who moves to Immediate-Past President.
- Mark S. Slaughter, Chief of the University of Louisville Division of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, moves to Vice President of our Society.
- Matthias Loebe, Associate Professor in the Transplant Surgery and Assist Devices Division of the Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine, takes over Mark Slaughters position in the Board.
- Thorsten Siess, CTO of Abiomed, takes over the position of Johannes Mueller in the Board, who leaves the Board rotationally after completion of his second term.
- George P. Noon, Professor of Surgery and Chief of the Division of Transplant Surgery and Assist Devices in the Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, takes over the position of ISRBP editor for Artificial Organs from Don B. Olsen.